Conforming With U.S. Department of Transportation FEDERAL MOTOR CARRIER SAFETY REGULATIONS Covering DOT Safety Audits, Compliance Reviews and Interventions and Insurance Company Requirements
• How to prepare for the DOT auditor, examiner, or investigator
• What to sign . . . and what to never sign!
• Requirements after obtaining a US DOT number
• Setting up the Safety Management Systems (SMS)
• Required policies, procedures and protocols
• The MCS-150 Report
• Unified Carrier Registration (UCR)
• Protecting yourself against DOT Number Fraud
• Be CSA-Enforcement Ready!
• The heart of an audit: where you should focus
• CMV Driver Qualification (with sample forms)
• Required driver background investigations
• Drug & Alcohol Testing for CDL drivers
• Duties of the company D.E.R.
• Driver Inspections
• Managing Vehicle and Roadside Inspections
• Managing Driver "Hours of Service" Part 395
• Hauling HazMat "Materials of Trade" (for welders, farmers, etc.)
• Usable Forms
• Areas of Strict Enforcement
• Accident Investigation
And much, much more . . . know the requirements and become more confident!
Written for New Entrants, Owner-Operators, Safety Managers, Insurance Loss Prevention Representatives, D.O.T. Compliance Consultants, Fleet Managers, and anyone operating a D.O.T. regulated vehicle (usually 10,001 pounds G.V.W.R in most states).